Starting PhoenixCicon off right!
(Top) Librarians organizing card catalogs in front of an Ellamarie & Jackson Woolley enamel and copper mural called, “”Wisdom.”
In 1960, it was a given as a gift to the Whittier Public Library by Mrs. Frank Blake, Mrs. Aubrey Wardman, Mary & Katherine Sorensen.
(Bottom photos) The mural today behind a slightly different setting.
We’re really excited to have OOSA exhibiting at SPX 2013 this year for the first time. A fine bunch of folks. Continue to BRING IT, Richmond, VA!
I’m trying to spread the word about the new Out of Step Arts T-shirts that will be debuted at Heroes Con in June (and are available for pre-order at a special price here). So, if you could help me out by rebloging this post, you could win a free OOSA shirt! Pretty easy, huh?
How it works:
- If you reblog this post, you are automatically entered for your chance to win one (1) OOSA shirt of your choosing; either the Toby Cypress (“Arrival”) design or the Liz Suburbia (“Old VA”) design.
- On 6/3/13, I’ll randomly select three (3) people as winners. Winners will be notified via Tumblr ask or mail.
- The three people selected will let me know which design, size, color and “fit” (ladies’ or unisex).
- I’ll mail you your shirt for free. Winners will not incur any costs or fees.
- If the person(s) selected cannot be contacted via tumblr, or do(es) not respond timely, another person(s) will be be chosen.
Not bad for clicking a button. Thanks for your help getting the word out about the shirts.
We’re really excited
Back in the day I arranged to bring Chip Kidd to Richmond, VA. I just found an image of some of the items I produced for the event.
comics greatest strength is its people
I had to force them to stand close to each other!